October 12 – A Day as Today – Ephemeris in Dorian’s Secrets (Ephemeris, News, Cinema, Fashion, Diets, Exercises, Face Care, LSDD Method 100% Free and Effective)
Events that Happened “A Day as Today”
- 1792: Columbus Day is celebrated for the first time in New York.
- 1892: The pledge of allegiance to the American flag is taken for the first time in public schools in the United States.
- 1901: In the United States, President Theodore Roosevelt officially christens the Executive Mansion the “White House.”
- 1931: In Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) the statue of Christ the Redeemer is inaugurated.
- 1962: In the United States, the Columbus Day storm hits the Pacific Northwest coast, with gusts of wind with record speed: 46 dead and more than 230 million dollars in damages.
- 1969: An anonymous call to WKNR-FM radio DJ Russ Gibb from Dearborn (Michigan) claims that beatle Paul McCartney is dead, giving rise to a well-known urban legend.
- 1970: US President Richard Nixon announces that he will withdraw 40,000 US troops from Vietnam before Christmas.
- 1984: Margaret Thatcher survives an IRA bomb that destroyed her bathroom two minutes after she used it.
- 1992: In the Dominican Republic, Pope John Paul II visits Santo Domingo de Guzmán for the second time and for the first time the Basilica of Our Lady of Altagracia, which is located in the city of Higüey.
- 1998: The United States Congress enacts the Digital Rights Act.
- 1999: It is estimated that on this date the 6 billion inhabitant of the Earth is born.
- 2001: In the United States, the television program America’s Most Wanted presents – at the request of President Bush – photos of the 22 most wanted terrorists in the world.
- 2001: They declare October 12 as the International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction.
- 2003: Michael Schumacher achieves his sixth Formula 1 world championship at the Japanese Grand Prix, ranking as the all-time leader in titles achieved.
- 2013: Launch of the Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo’s new portable console. It is a review of the Nintendo 3DS, the group to which the Nintendo 2DS belongs.
- 2013: Worldwide launch of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, new video games in the Pokémon saga for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS.
Who was Born “A Day as Today”?
- 1935: Luciano Pavarotti, Italian tenor.
- 1944: Angela Rippon, British journalist and presenter.
- 1968: Hugh Jackman, Australian actor.
- 1970: Kirk Cameron, American actor.
- 1975: Marion Jones, American athlete.
- 1980: Ledley King, British footballer.
- 1983: Gastón Fernández, Argentine soccer player.
- 1986: Tyler Blackburn, American actor.
- 1990: Javiera Errázuriz, Chilean athlete.
- 1992: Taylor Horn, singer and American actress.
- 1992: Josh Hutcherson, American actor.
- 2001: Raymond Ochoa, American actor.
Who Left Us “A Day as Today”?
- 1978: Nancy Spungen, groupie and muse of the punk movement, girlfriend of Sid Vicious.
- 1996: René Lacoste, French tennis player and businessman.
- 1997: John Denver, American country musician.
- 1998: Matthew Shepard, American university student assassinated for being gay.
- 1999: Wilt Chamberlain, American basketball player.
- 2002: Ray Conniff, American conductor and musician.
- 2006: Gillo Pontecorvo, Italian filmmaker.
- 2007: Kishō Kurokawa, Japanese architect.
- 2011: Dennis Ritchie, creator of the C language and the Unix operating system.
- 2014: Roberto Telch, Argentine footballer.
- 2016: Dylan Rieder, professional skateboarder and American model.
What is Celebrated “A Day as Today”?
- Day of the National Holiday of Spain.
- Festivity of the Virgen del Pilar in Zaragoza
What Sign of the Zodiac Rules those Born “A Day as Today”?
Libra – See the Daily Horoscope
October 12 – A Day as Today