October 14 – A Day as Today – Ephemeris in Dorian’s Secrets (Ephemeris, News, Cinema, Fashion, Daily Horoscopes, Diets, Training, Face Care, Books, LSDD Method 100% Free and Effective)
Events that Happened “A Day as Today”
- 1912: In Milwaukee (United States), President Theodore Roosevelt is the victim of an attack, but before being transferred to the hospital he gives his one-hour speech.
- 1944: In Greece, British troops enter Athens.
- 1944: Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, after being accused of participating in a plot against Hitler, commits suicide to avoid reprisals against his family.
- 1960: The Soviet Union launches the Marsnik 1960B probe, whose launcher rocket failed after a few minutes, crashing into Earth.
- 1962: Cuban missile crisis.
- 1964: American Martin Luther King receives the Nobel Peace Prize.
- 1964: Nikita Khrushchev is removed from office as first secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1981: In Egypt, Vice President Hosni Mubarak accedes to the presidency after the assassination of President Anwar el-Sadat.
- 2006: In the United States, the Internet company Google buys the YouTube video website.
- 2008: In the United States, the Japanese company Sony puts the PSP 3000 portable game console on sale.
- 2011: The XVI Pan American Games are inaugurated in Guadalajara, Jalisco.
- 2012: In Roswell, Felix Baumgartner throws himself from the stratosphere, more than 39,000 meters above sea level, and becomes the first person in history to break the sound barrier without mechanical support.
Who was Born “A Day as Today”?
- 1927: Enrique Lafourcade, Chilean writer.
- 1927: Roger Moore, British actor.
- 1932: Wolf Vostell, German artist.
- 1939: Ralph Lauren, American fashion designer.
- 1940: Cliff Richard, British rock singer.
- 1958: Thomas Dolby, British musician.
- 1960: Steve Cram, British athlete.
- 1963: Lori Petty, American actress.
- 1965: Steve Coogan, British actor.
- 1969: P.J. Brown, American basketball player.
- 1974: Natalie Maines, American singer-songwriter, of the band Dixie Chicks.
- 1978: Usher, singer and American actor.
- 1979: Stacy Keibler, American professional wrestler.
- 1980: Ben Whishaw, British actor.
- 1982: Joe Keenan, British footballer.
- 1988: Max Thieriot, American actor
Who Left Us “A Day as Today”?
- 1977: Bing Crosby, American actor and singer.
- 1990: Leonard Bernstein, American conductor, pianist and composer.
- 1992: José María Muñoz, Argentine sports journalist and rapporteur.
- 1997: Harold Robbins, American novelist.
- 2008: Barrington J. Bayley, British writer.
- 2011: Jorge Martínez Busch, Chilean admiral.
- 2014: Elizabeth Peña, American actress.
- 2015: Mathieu Kérékou, President of Benin.
- 2016: Diego Bonadeo, Argentine journalist.
What is Celebrated “A Day as Today”?
- World Spirometry Day.
- World Day for Donation of Organs, Tissues and Transplants.
- World Web Vendor Day.
- World Seamstress Day.
What Sign of the Zodiac Rules those Born “A Day as Today”?
Libra – See the Daily Horoscope
October 14 – A Day as Today