October 15 – A Day as Today – Ephemeris in Dorian’s Secrets (Ephemeris, News, Cinema, Fashion, Daily Horoscopes, Diets, Training, Face Care, Books, LSDD Method 100% Free and Effective)
Events that Happened “A Day as Today”
- 1946: Resolution 9 of the United Nations Security Council is adopted.
- 1962: the Government of J. F. Kennedy initiates a military blockade of the island of Cuba (Missile Crisis).
- 1964: The troika formed by Leonid Brezhnev, Alekséi Kosygin and Nikolai Podgorni replaces Nikita Khrushchev at the head of the Soviet Union.
- 1989: In South Africa, the African National Congress, led by Nelson Mandela, is legalized after almost 30 years of prohibition.
- 1995: In Iraq, Saddam Hussein is reelected president by means of a referendum.
- 1997: The United States launches the Cassini-Huygens probe towards the planet Saturn.
- 2003: China launches the Shenzou 5, as the first manned mission to space sent by the People’s Republic of China, taking on board the first Chinese astronaut (taikonaut), Yang Liwei.
- 2005: In a referendum, the people of Iraq ratify the new democratic Constitution drawn up by a Constituent Assembly.
- 2011: Peaceful demonstrations take place, in more than six hundred and fifty cities in eighty countries, to demand a worldwide change due to the mismanagement of the political class.
- 2013: Bosnia and Herzegovina qualify for its first World Cup
Who was Born “A Day as Today”?
- 1920: Mario Puzo, American novelist.
- 1926: Michel Foucault, French philosopher.
- 1926: Jean Peters, American actress.
- 1935: Bobby Joe Morrow, American athlete.
- 1938: Fela Kuti, Nigerian musician.
- 1940: Peter C. Doherty, Australian immunologist, 1996 Nobel Prize winner for medicine.
- 1942: Francisco Alcuaz, Argentine motor racing driver.
- 1942: Penny Marshall, American actress, producer and filmmaker.
- 1946: Richard Carpenter, American singer, of the duo The Carpenters.
- 1948: Chris de Burgh, Argentine-Irish singer-songwriter.
- 1953: Tito Jackson, American musician, of the band The Jackson Five.
- 1955: Carlos Mackenney Urzúa, Chilean lawyer.
- 1955: Guillermo Moreno, Argentine politician.
- 1955: Tanya Roberts, American actress.
- 1956: Peter Caruana, Gibraltarian politician and chief minister since 1996.
- 1957: Stacy Peralta, American filmmaker and skateboarder.
- 1959: Sarah Ferguson, British aristocrat.
- 1959: Todd Solondz, American filmmaker.
- 1966: Eric Benét, American singer.
- 1969: Dominic West, British actor.
- 1970: Ginuwine, American singer.
- 1988: Mesut Özil, German footballer.
- 1992: Vincent Martella, American actor.
- 1999: Bailee Madison, American actress.
Who Left Us “A Day as Today”?
- 1946: Hermann Wilhelm Göring, German Nazi military man.
- 1964: Cole Porter, American composer, pianist and lyricist of popular music and musical comedies.
- 1965: Adolf Fraenkel, German-Israeli mathematician.
- 1983: Pat O’Brien, American actor.
- 1996: Aldo Francia, Chilean pediatrician and filmmaker.
- 1998: George Luz, American military man.
- 2000: Konrad Bloch, German scientist, American citizen, Nobel Prize winner for physiology or medicine in 1964.
- 2010: Susana Fontana, journalist and Argentine television presenter.
- 2012: Alfonso Pícaro, Argentine actor and comedian.
- 2012: Norodom Sihanouk, Cambodian king.
- 2017: Choirul Huda, Indonesian footballer.
- 2018: Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft.
What is Celebrated “A Day as Today”?
- International Day of Rural Women.
- Hand washing world day.
- International Day of Mourning for Gestational and Perinatal death.
What Sign of the Zodiac Rules those Born “A Day as Today”?
Libra – See the Daily Horoscope
October 15 – A Day as Today