October 16 – A Day as Today – Ephemeris in Dorian’s Secrets (Ephemeris, News, Cinema, Fashion, Daily Horoscopes, Diets, Training, Face Care, Books, LSDD Method 100% Free and Effective)
Events that Happened “A Day as Today”
- 1919: In the city of Munich (Germany), the Nazi speaker Adolf Hitler gives his first meeting at the Hofbräukeller brewery before 300 attendees.
- 1923: In the United States, Walt Disney and his brother Roy Disney founded The Walt Disney Company.
- 1940: In Warsaw, in the framework of the Jewish Holocaust. the famous Jewish ghetto of Warsaw is established.
- 1946: In Nuremberg (Germany) the death sentences handed down by the International Military Criminal Court are carried out during the so-called Nuremberg Trials, hanging 11 Nazi war criminals.
- 1962: The Cuban Missile Crisis begins between the United States, Cuba and the Soviet Union, when President John F. Kennedy is shown photographs of missile launch sites in Cuba.
- 1964: China detonates its first atomic bomb.
- 1968: Avery Brundage, president of the International Olympic Committee, expels African-American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos for performing the famous sign of protest against racism in the United States.
- 1972: Swamp rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival splits.
- 1978: In Vatican City, the cardinals of the Catholic Church elect Polish Cardinal Karol Wojtila as pope, who takes the name of John Paul II.
- 1989: In the United States, the computer scientist Richard Sexton, in a message on Usenet, outlines Godwin’s law (“the first participant who mentions Hitler or the Nazis loses an argument”).
- 1992: In Sweden, the Guatemalan indigenous leader Rigoberta Menchú wins the Nobel Peace Prize.
- 1994: In Vatican City, Pope John Paul II beatifies the Chilean Jesuit priest Alberto Hurtado Cruchaga.
- 1998: Former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet is arrested in London by order of the Spanish judge Baltasar Garzón.
- 2002: In the Egyptian city of Alexandria the Bibliotheca Alexandrina is officially inaugurated in commemoration of the disappeared Library of Alexandria.
- 2012: The extrasolar planet Alpha Centauri Bb is discovered.
- 2014: In Kourou, French Guiana, the Argentine communications satellite ARSAT is launched.
Who was Born “A Day as Today”?
- 1911: Mahalia Jackson, American singer.
- 1912: Gérard Landry, French actor.
- 1914: Mohammed Zahir Shah, Afghan king.
- 1925: Angela Lansbury, British actress.
- 1927: Günter Grass, German writer, Nobel Prize for Literature in 1999.
- 1946: Suzanne Somers, American actress.
- 1947: Bob Weir, American musician, of the band Grateful Dead.
- 1947: David Zucker, American screenwriter, producer and filmmaker.
- 1952: Christopher Cox, American politician.
- 1958: Tim Robbins, American actor.
- 1961: Marc Levy, French writer.
- 1962: Manute Bol, American basketball player in the NBA.
- 1962: Flea (Michael Balzary), Australian bassist, of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- 1971: Lawrence Schimel, American writer.
- 1977: John Mayer, American singer-songwriter.
- 1982: Alan Anderson, American basketball player.
- 1982: Pippa Black, Australian actress.
- 1983: Loreen, Swedish singer.
- 1984: Shayne Ward, British singer.
- 1991: Vera Spinetta, Argentine singer and actress.
- 1992: Bryce Harper, American baseball player.
Who Left Us “A Day as Today”?
- 1946: Alfred Rosenberg, Estonian politician.
- 1959: George Marshall, American general.
- 1962: Gaston Bachelard, French philosopher and poet.
- 1966: George O’Hara, American actor.
- 1972: Leo G. Carroll, British actor.
- 1973: Gene Krupa, American drummer.
- 1978: Dan Dailey, American actor.
- 1982: Mario del Mónaco, Italian tenor.
- 1983: Jakov Gotovac, Croatian composer.
- 1989: Scott O’Dell, American writer.
- 1990: Jorge Bolet, Cuban-American pianist.
- 1991: Ole Beich, Danish bassist, of the band Guns n Roses.
- 2005: Eugene Gordon Lee, American actor
- 2007: Deborah Kerr, British actress.
- 2007: Barbara West, British survivor of the Titanic.
- 2011: Dan Wheldon, British motorsport driver.
What is Celebrated “A Day as Today”?
- World Food Day.
What Sign of the Zodiac Rules those Born “A Day as Today”?
Libra – See the Daily Horoscope
October 16 – A Day as Today