October 21 – A Day as Today – Ephemeris in Dorian’s Secrets (Ephemeris, News, Cinema, Fashion, Daily Horoscopes, Diets, Training, Face Care, Books, LSDD Method 100% Free and Effective)
Events that Happened “A Day as Today”
- 1805: Combat of Trafalgar, won by the English squad to the one formed by the Spanish and the French.
- 1909: Resignation of the Maura-La Cierva Government, after the debate on the Tragic Week in Barcelona and on politics in Morocco.
- 1931: Law for the defense of the Republic, which granted the Spanish Government exceptional powers for emergency cases.
- 1951: In the Argentine neighborhood of La Boca, in the city of Buenos Aires, the dome of the San Juan Evangelista church collapses during Sunday mass while celebrating Mother’s Day, with the attendance of 400 faithful. The accident left 9 dead and about 20 injured.
- 1971: In Sweden, Pablo Neruda receives the Nobel Prize for literature.
- 1982: In Sweden, Gabriel García Márquez is declared the winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- 1989: Near Tegucigalpa (Honduras), the TAN-SAHSA Flight 414 accident occurs, causing 127 passengers and 4 crew members dead.
- 2001: In Chile, President Ricardo Lagos declares the National Day of Physical Education, Sports and Recreation.
- 2005: Tarja Turunen is expelled from the group Nightwish due to personal differences with the rest of the band.
- 2007: In Peru, the 11th population and 6th housing census is carried out.
Who was Born “A Day as Today”?
- 1933: Francisco Gento, Spanish footballer.
- 1949: Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli politician, current prime minister.
- 1950: Alfredo Toth, Argentine singer and bassist, of the band GIT.
- 1952: Brent Mydland, American keyboardist, of the band Grateful Dead.
- 1953: Peter Mandelson, British politician.
- 1956: Carrie Fisher, American actress.
- 1957: Steve Lukather, American guitarist, of the band Toto.
- 1959: Ken Watanabe, Japanese actor.
- 1962: Roberto Blandón, Mexican actor.
- 1976: Jeremy Miller, American actor.
- 1976: Andrew Scott, Irish actor.
- 1980: Kim Kardashian, American actress and model.
- 1980: Santiago Ladino, Argentine footballer.
- 1981: Roman Rusinov, Russian racing driver.
- 1981: Nemanja Vidić, Serbian footballer.
- 1982: James White, American basketball player.
- 1982: Matt Dallas, American film actor.
- 1988: Glen Powell, American actor and writer.
Who Left Us “A Day as Today”?
- 1957: Laureano Barrau, Spanish impressionist painter.
- 1984: François Truffaut, French film critic, director and actor.
- 1992: Jim Garrison, American prosecutor, investigator of the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
- 2003: Elliott Smith, American musician.
- 2004: Everett Rogers, American sociologist.
- 2012: George McGovern, American politician.
- 2014: Gough Whitlam, Australian Prime Minister.
What is Celebrated “A Day as Today”?
- National Poet Day in the Dominican Republic.
What Sign of the Zodiac Rules those Born “A Day as Today”?
Libra – See the Daily Horoscope
October 21 – A Day as Today