October 9 – A Day as Today – Ephemeris in Dorian’s Secrets (Ephemeris, News, Cinema, Fashion, Diets, Exercises, Face Care, LSDD Method 100% Free and Effective)
Events that Happened “A Day as Today”
- 1941: In the United States, President Franklin D. Roosevelt authorizes the development of the atomic bomb.
- 1958: In Vatican City, Pope Pius XII dies of a myocardial infarction.
- 1962: Uganda becomes independent from the British Empire, in accordance with the decrees of the London Conference of 1961.
- 1966: In the Vietnam War, the Bihn Tai Massacre occurs.
- 1967: In La Higuera (Bolivia) a group of soldiers financed by the CIA executes Che Guevara.
- 1972: Emerson Fittipaldi wins the World Championship for Formula 1 Drivers.
- 1980: Pope John Paul II shakes hands with the Dalai Lama during a private audience in Vatican City.
- 2001: Anthrax Attacks end in the United States in 2001.
- 2006: The American company Google Inc acquires the YouTube video website.
- 2008: The French company Mandriva publishes version 2009.0 of the Mandrake Linux or Mandriva Linux software.
- 2009: The US probe LCROSS (Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite: satellite for detection and observation of lunar craters), crashes against the Moon, which will reveal the existence of remarkable amounts of water in a lunar crater.
Who was Born “A Day as Today”?
- 1908: Jacques Tati, French director and actor.
- 1939: Ernesto Acher, Argentine humorist and musician.
- 1940: John Lennon, British musician, of the band The Beatles.
- 1941: Chucho Valdés, Cuban musician.
- 1944: Francis Girod, French filmmaker.
- 1952: Sharon Osbourne, British television presenter.
- 1953: Tony Shalhoub, American actor.
- 1954: Scott Bakula, American actor.
- 1966: David Cameron, British politician.
- 1969: PJ Harvey, British singer-songwriter.
- 1969: Steve McQueen, British artist and director.
- 1973: Erin Daniels, American actress.
- 1975: Sean Lennon, American musician.
- 1979: Brandon Routh, American actor.
- 1986: Laure Manaudou, French swimmer.
- 1996: Bella Hadid, American model.
Who Left Us “A Day as Today”?
- 1958: Pius XII, Italian religious, Catholic Pope.
- 1967: Ernesto Che Guevara, Argentine-Cuban revolutionary and guerrilla.
- 1974: Oskar Schindler, German businessman, savior of Jews.
- 1999: Milt Jackson, American jazz vibraphonist.
- 1999: Morris West, Australian writer.
- 2001: Herbert Ross, American filmmaker.
- 2002: Aileen Carol Wuornos, American serial killer.
- 2006: Danièle Huillet, French filmmaker.
- 2008: Nicolás Casullo, Argentine writer, essayist and novelist.
- 2009: Arturo Zambo Cavero, Peruvian singer of Creole music.
- 2010: Maurice Allais, French economist and physicist, winner of the 1988 Nobel Prize in Economics.
- 2013: Wilfried Martens, Belgian politician.
- 2016: René Avilés Fabila, Mexican writer.
- 2017: Fernando de Szyszlo, Peruvian artist.
What is Celebrated “A Day as Today”?
- World Mail Day, commemorating the founding of the Universal Postal Union.
What Sign of the Zodiac Rules those Born “A Day as Today”?
Libra – See the Daily Horoscope
October 9 – A Day as Today